Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
There are several scroll saw blade available in the market, but how can you identify and choose good scroll saw blades? Some people, especially DIYer hobbyists, believe a blade is as good as others, but it is not valid. Although their subjection is due to type of work and numbers time, they usually use the blade.
When it comes to scrolling saw blades, there are several types of them available in the market with a range of features and usage purposes.
With different features and usage purposes, it has been shown that before buying any scroll saw blades, some features need to be considered or vividly examined.
In this guide, we’ll highlight some of the critical features of the scroll saw blades. With this, you can easily find one that fits both your requirements and specifications. When you get one of the best scrolls saw blades, you’ll find most of your work done quickly, especially those beautiful ones.
Table of Contents
Our Favorite Picks
|Check Current Price
|Check Current Price
|Scroll Saw Blades
|Check Current Price
|OLSON SAW FR49501
|Check Current Price
|OLSON SAW PG49802
|Check Current Price
The 5 Best 7 1/4 Circular Saw Blades
1. Flying Dutchman Five Dozen Scroll Saw Blade
Flying Dutchman made our first blade. These five dozen scroll saw edges are conventional flat form, with an inverted blade, rather than spiral shapes.
This set includes a total of 60 roller saws in five different sizes, all covering the teeth’s distance, and five of the blade has 15 TPIs with one of the 12 TPIs. Those sizes are 7, 5, 3, 1, and 2/0.
All of this blade is made with special features that rotate every third blade. It would remove debris on the other side of the knuckle. This gives a fresh and professional look to your wooden edges, which is necessary for making furniture.
As with the other Flying Dutchman blades, these blades are also made of solid German steel. They are flexible but durable, and no matter how hard the materials are, this blade can tackle them, and they will not break.
The set of this blade is affordable as well. All these Flying Dutchman blades are made of high quality and durable materials, and they will last a few years before you will think of buying another one. Do not be distracted with product packaging; the quality of the blade set should be your major concern.
- Metal is reliable and durable
- There are dent blades inverted
- Dual TPIs 12 and 15
- Rotating blade features
- Unattractive packaging
There are a wide variety of different blades to choose from. Instead of purchasing several different packages containing each blade (which could equate to a lot of money), you can get a variety of blades for any use case scenario.
2. Skil 80181 Scroll Saw Blade Set, 18 Piece
All SKIL 80181 blades are made of high-quality material which means they do not weaken quickly and have a longer service life. The blade can cut almost anything at the same time, as it can be used on plastics, non-ferrous metals, and wood.
You should know that you have many advantages with this set as it comes with many blades as the set is 18 in 1. You get six razors with 15 TPI, six razors with 18.5 TPI, and six razors with 20 TPI.
You’ll get not only quantity but also a variety with this number of scrolls. With this, you can use these props in various routine activities and projects. This set of saw blades is designed for easy use as they are already sharpened with precision.
- 18 in 1 scroll saw blade
- Made with durable and high-quality materials.
- Precision sharpening for easy cutting
- Ideal for cutting wood and plastic
- Directional in nature
- Not durable
The Skill 80181 Roller Saw Set is made of high quality, durable materials. By sharpening the precision of each roll, it was easy to cut wood, metal, and other materials.
- Includes: (12) with 28 teeth per inch, (12) with 11.5 teeth per inch, (12) 9.5 teeth per inch
- Pack Quantity: 36
- Made from premium grade steel for longer life
- Precision sharpened for easy cutting of intricate shapes
3. Scroll Saw Blades For Thick Wood, 12-Pack
These 12 saw blades are invaluable tools for traders or hobbyists who work hourly on carpentry projects. Performing endless cutting tasks, these sharp blades can be used for such tasks with a sturdy roller that ensures smooth and accurate cutting of different materials.
Or the wood is strong and soft, the saw blades cut easily and precisely. The blades are made of hardened steel; the package size is 5.7 x 2.3 x 0.5 inches. Based on the saw you own, you may get a pin or another one that is non-pin. Getting the pin is a great idea because you can remove the pin and leave it without the pin, which will not render the blade useless rather than making it versatile and more useful.
With this saw blade, smooth cuts are comfortable and excellent, and this type can be used on both new and old saws.
This is a great tool for anyone who works with a carpenter because they are sharp and allow you to quickly cut thick, hard, and softwood. Their quality and last longing make them a valuable buying tool.
- 7 teeth per inch
- Cost-effective tools
- Suitable for hard and softwood
- Available in pine and not pine
- Not suitable for drafts.
- Leave the work surface rough
These sheets are affordable and can also be purchased on a budget. You often save money buying a new saw when choosing a durable roller saw blade to have in your store; These blades perform significantly with their long-lasting sharpening.
- For cutting hard/soft wood and multilayers from 3/4" to 2" thick.
- 7 teeth per inch
- width .08"
- thickness .018"
4. Olson Saw Fr49501 Pin End Scroll Saw Blade
For those looking for a scroll saw blade that is unique for their money, OLSON SAW FR49501 scroll saw blade. If you’ve scroll, saw that use pin saw blade, then getting OLSON FR49501 will be an excellent choice. It’s better suited at a reasonably low price compare to the older one.
The saw is easy to fix and uninstall. It’s also user friendly and can speed up the project’s completion time. These OLSON blades are ideal for 5 inches scroll saw.
You’ll be shocked to know that in a package, you get three different styles of blades. It gives you great comfort in cutting various materials. You not only get three different types of blades but six different blades of each kind as well. It has a feature that gives you a long time of freedom to work stably with blades.
- Easy to fix and handling
- Easy to use
- Suitable for both hard/soft materials
- Includes FR42401, SC41101, SC41201 with 6 each
- Pins defects
- Non-durable for a long time
This scroll saw blade has mixed performance, but it is the best value for the money and provides a great variety. With these blades, scroll task completion is 10x faster.
- The product is Easy installation and easy handling
- The product is manufactured in USA
- The product is easy to use and highly durable
- Cuts in hard/soft wood and plastic
5. Olson Saw Pg49802 Precision Ground Scroll Saw Blade
Olson Saw PG49802 has considered one of the best scrolls saw blades for the unique and incredible features it possesses. It’s fast and clean, and you’ll never compromise on the accuracy it offers. These blades are useful to cut different shapes without losing price.
The Olson Saw PG49802 fast-cutting teeth allow rolling. You can create polished shapes with this blade while processing rounded edges and sharp corners. Even on hardwood, the double tooth design makes for easy work. This is available in 6 or 12 in 1 pack, or also in separate blades. The PG49802 blades are considered to be long-lasting as it is 4x durable than a traditional blade.
This scroll blade comes with inverted teeth and a double tooth design, which is a perfect feature to ensure clean and smooth cuts. On the surface and at the bottom of the surfaces, its sharp edges leave cuts that do not require grinding.
- Cutting teeth smoother, faster
- Durable and lightweight
- Double tooth for an excellent performance.
- Ideal for detailed cuts
- They are not pinned end blades
- Tool thick blade
OLSON SAW PG49802 is the best scroll saw blade made of high quality and durable materials. These blades can be used against several wood materials and offer the great result of clean and precise cutting.
- Sharpest, fastest cutting teeth
- Most accurate scroll saw blade ever made
- Double tooth for top performance in hardwoods
- Package Weight: 0.023 kilograms
With a good detail of our 5 selected best scroll saw blades. We believe that you should know what to look for when buying the best scroll saw blade.
Below are some of the key features you should consider when buying your scroll saw blade.
All high quality hardened steel blades with a stone grinding wheel usually have precision ground blades for sharpening the teeth. It allows a quick and precise straight cut and eliminates burnt material.
Another advantage of tools made with this material is that they are stronger than normal blades, 3-4 times longer. If you ride where minimal sanding and non-plywood edges play a role, use them.
The number of blade teeth per inch indicates the quality and precision of the cut.
Blades with multiple teeth per inch (eg 14 TPI), but the style and thickness of the lower teeth are best for cutting soft, unburned wood with a fast and precise cut. We often have to work with narrow curved saw structures where these high TPI blades give the best effect. Although these sheets are much smaller, they are brittle as they are between 0.010 and 0.015 inches thick. Heavier materials cannot be cut with these blades.
If you want a thicker cut, say 3-5, you should have a lower TPI suitable for cutting hardwood. As these blades are much fuller with a thickness between 0.017 and 0.040 inches, they can cut all types of materials faster thanks to their width and sausage. The blades are suitable for rough cuts with large curves as they will not crack thanks to a few teeth per inch (TPI).
The manufacturer has a different way of defining teeth per inch, as the incisions are of different sizes and tooth configurations. The TPI process, teeth by inch, is a bit difficult to decide which blade to buy.
Standard teeth blades: this type of tooth is visible zigzagging in the frame. With a space between the teeth suitable for all. Just like when one tooth ends and another begins. These are used more frequently. These are the best option if you want to cut faster and more precisely.
When you want to cut a small circle, use a blade with fewer teeth to increase performance. While the upper teeth are suitable for general tasks.
- Skip tooth blades: In contrast to regular blades, they end up with a gap between the first and second to last tooth. We are left in a position where one tooth ends and the other starts, this is for sweeping up the sawdust. And they’re offering a smooth finish and a decent chip spacing. You can cut cold-rolled steel, copper, brass, aluminum foil, and bronze, depending on the blade’s size.
- Double-toothed blades: They are identical to skip teeth, except that after the two teeth are removed, they have a flat gap. Although, this is not suitable for faster cutting due to modification that distinction from the skip tooth, but allows for smooth and clean edges cutting of wood and plastic. This will also allow efficient blade design removal of chips.
- Reverse tooth blades: These are a variation of both skip and double tooth. This blade removes any tears in the material due to the style of jumping and twisted tooth and offers a cleaner, flawless finish on the lower cut than other blades. If you use a blade for softwood with more TPI, you will be given a thinner insert and use a blade with less TPI to create thicker inserts in hardwood. Such blades can be used for drawing applications, extreme radius, excellent drawing, tiny radius, multilayer, and dense wood, heavy and hardwood.
- Two-way cutting blades: This blade is similar to the tooth mentioned above, with a slot facing down two teeth and facing up one wart. They cut much slower, but with a cleaner finish than any other blade.
- Crown tooth blades: They have a particular structure in crown-shaped form. An up and down tooth, and you can get them up and down. You get a smooth, continuous finish with a two-way cut and sharp edges. They need to be adequately tightened to make the most of them; otherwise, their efficiency would decline.
- Spiral Blades: In two forms: Spiral blades and flat spiral blades.
As you can see from the name, flat spiral blades are the same as ordinary spiral blades except for simple installation and fastening with a flat finish. These are available in two sizes 0.035 and 0.041 thick, with medium processing for hardwood while low processing for softwood. Because of the flat end, they’re cut in one direction only.
On the other hand, the ordinary spiral rotates like a circle, which can converge forward, backward, and sideways in a 360-degree direction. For zero radii and corrosion, they are the best option without converting the cutting to letters and numbers.
When buying a scroll blade, the first thing to consider is to check the material you need to cut out frequently.
The blade is made of hardened steel materials that are durable and can, therefore, traverse most forests, but they come in different types, offer different results.
Another thing to consider when buying a scroll saw blade is the kind of cut or pattern you will want to cut. For instance, a smaller teeth blade is required for intricate cutting designs. So first, determine what kind of cut you have, then buy a suitable saw blade to execute the task.
Generally, the scroll saw blade is either made of pin end or non-pin end form.
If you are using an old model saw, a pin form might be suitable for you. But in a case where you’re using modern design, then the non-pin form is the best pick for you.
The saw blades on the band are available in various sizes. Compatibility should be tested when cutting different materials and to assess the blade size. There is a need for you to have a clear idea of the blade size before you buy it.
Scroll Saw Pattern
Even you can test the cutting complications before you buy a blade since a complicated saw would need a small-teeth saw. Although large blades can cut thick material of all sorts, you can hardly cut the round corners.
Noting the throat size will help you identify the type of support you can get from the blade to complete your project. The door size indicates the blade’s width from the front and back and it’s shown on the accessory package.
We have come to the end of the review about the best scroll saw blades. The summary of this review is; In a precise term, we explained what scroll saw blades are, follow by the comparisons table of our selected blades, we analyze each of the chosen blades one after the other. To assist you when buying a scroll saw blade, a well detailed and informative buying guide was included.
About our recommendation, out of all the five scrolls saw blades, Olson PG49802 was chosen as the best saw blade. Because it’s made of a material that gives you clean, straight cuts, it’s also listed in the Precision Ground Tooth (PGT), which is the best blade many woodwork experts use and suggest.
- Reciprocating Saw Blades
- Best Saw For Cutting Laminate Flooring
- Best Cabinet Saw
- Best Metal Cutting Saw
- Best Backpacking Saw
- Best Wet Tile Saw Under $300
- Best Japanese Saw
- Best Radial Arm Saw
- Best Saw For Cutting Tree Branches
- Best Camping Saw
- Best Dovetail Saw
- Best Metal Chop Saw
- Best Bow Saw
- Best Wet Tile Saw
- Best Worm Drive Saw
- Best Folding Saw
- Best Jig Saw
- Best Coping Saw
- Best Pruning Saw
- Circular Saw Blade
- Hand Saw
- Compact Circular Saw
- Miter Saw Blade
- Cordless Pole Saw
- Miter Saw