Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
A good pruning saw is essential for pruners, backpacker, and homeowners. Unlike bowsaw, a chainsaw that is heavy and loppers that is not suitable for cutting thick tree branches. A pruning saw is portable with easy access to places where a chainsaw, hedge trimmer, or foot saws are ideal.
The pruning saws are super sharp, the teeth don’t stick to the wood, the handle is well designed to make it easy to hold, especially when wearing gloves, and the blade is nice and firm to help you cut. With all these features, there is no doubt about the essentiality of these tools.
So, in this guide, the 7 best pruning saw will be review to save your time and as well as to assist you in picking the best blades.
Table of Contents
Our Favorite Picks
|Silky ZUBAT Arborist
|Fiskars 14 Foot
|Corona RS 7510D
|Heavy Duty Pruning
The 7 Best Pruning Saw
1. Silky Zubat Arborist Professional Hand Saw
The Silky ZUBAT Arborist 270-33 is a professional pruning saw with a 13-inch hard curve resistant to corrosion blade. Many tree pruners use silk saws due to the tool quality and reliability usage.
The blade has a sturdy clamp that makes it very secure to use. These silk saws can be used by hand or mounted on a Professional pole of Zubat, which adds an excellent advantage of the ease of use.
This Silky ZUBAT Arborist Professional Hand Saw sharpest pruning saws you can purchase. You are advised to careful when handling the saw. This saw works best with pull action.
The protective cover is made of solid polypropylene. It offers superb safety protection and a convenient way of carrying the saw.
- Full tang blades provide more excellent stability while cutting.
- Uniquely designed with loops for leg straps.
- Non-slip comfort grip handle absorbs vibration & reduces fatigue.
- Includes Professional Scabbard
- Made of high-quality Japanese Steel
- Dangerous moisture is retaining.
- Lack of sheath inner strap
This Silky ZUBAT Arborist is part of the expert tools to cut trees. It has the usability of being a hand saw and a saw and for most tree cutting tasks. It is a perfect material.
This is true if you are an expert gardener or arborist or have to cut a large tree, shrubs, and branches projects. Even home gardeners love this saw due to its high-quality materials.
- Silky’s Professional Series Zubat Arborist edition
- 13-inch/330mm blade length (1.5mm thick)
- Full tang blade made with proprietary Japanese steel & metal screws for secure attachment
- 0.65 lbs. operating weight with sheath included
2. Fiskars 14 Foot Power-Lever Extendable Tree Pruner
This Fiskars 14 Foot Power is a special pruner with great features for the people’s choice. This pruner features a 14-foot pole for easy cutting of tall branches. You don’t have to worry about the cutting power, because electrical lever technology increases the lever and offers twice the cutting power of a similar tree pruner within the same price range.
To cut higher tree branches and you don’t have to climb a tree or to get a ladder to prune them. With 14 foot power, tree branch pruning is more convenient and less time-consuming. It features power compression technology that facilitates the maximization of leverage and doubles the cutting power. For the blades, it has a max. the diameter of 1-1/8 cutting capacity.
- Durable and lightweight fiberglass pole
- Fully hardened and precision ground steel pruning
- Rust-resistant and low friction for easy cutting
- Extendable features to reach a high place
- Lifetime warranty
- Poor Design
- Non-sharp blade
Fiskars 14 Foot Power is powerful and robust, as it mentioned. It is perfect for higher tree pruning. You will be amazed at how well this saw was constructed for the price. With the saw, you will be pruning a tree, and its branches faster and easier expected with this product. Make sure you wear safety glasses and a hard hat if you have one on very high branches, they come crashing down HARD from that height.
- Ideal for cutting high branches without climbing a ladder
- Power-Lever technology maximizes leverage to give you up to two times more cutting power than traditional tree pruners
- Included 15 inch WoodZig saw blade powers through thicker branches
- Maximum cutting capacity: 1-1/2 inch diamater (pruner blade)
3. Corona Razortooth Folding Pruning Saw
Corona is one of the most popular producers of the gardening tool, always knowing what to bring to the table. This folding pruning saw Corona RazorTOOTH comes in 3 good different blade sizes to find a suitable one for your use.
RazorTOOTH is commonly used by the farmer for agricultural purposes and saves a considerable amount of time doing cut activities. The blade will cut diameter by as much as 10 inches, which is more depth than most prunings saw in the same price range. The greatest part about the Corona is that it’s comfortable, the grip is so good you wouldn’t feel like you’ve worked for a long time.
- Ergonomic handles for a comfortable grip
- Impulse hardened steel blade
- 10 inch. For cutting up to 5-6 diameter
- Triple ground teeth for greater performance
- Maximum cutting efficiency
- Not fully folded up
- Easily screws fall out
With a blade length of 10, this is one of the best saws for prompt pruning. It’s made of lightweight plastic, which makes larger sizes hassle-free, and the long blade helps cut large logs. The blade is excellent, and the trigger mechanism seems to work well. You might worry that the trigger mechanism is the first part of this saw to break off, but it will last a long time. The handle is very ergonomic and pleasant to use.
Overall, this is a great tool, highly recommend for anyone looking for a portable best pruning saw.
- 3 SIDED RAZOR TEETH FOR EFFICIENT CUTTING: 10" blade is ideal for cutting 5" - 6" diameter, small to medium, branches
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED, COMFORTABLE, CO-MOLDED HANDLE: Provides a comfortable grip for extended use
- EASY TO LATCH BLADE PREVENTS INJURY WHEN NOT IN USE: Folding blade is curved, taper-ground, and replaceable
- IMPULSE HARDENED TEETH FOR LONG SERVICE LIFE: Extends the life of the tool season after season
4. Samurai Kiwami Multi-Purpose Straight Folding Saw
Compared with our afore review saw, the Samurai Kiwami folding saw represents a significant step forward in quality, design, and price. Although most folding saws do not adhere to particularly high standards, Samurai Kiwami is made to be used until they are dull. Then, reprocessed or thrown away, this Kiwami is made for durable, long life. It’s a shift that can lead to a steep learning curve, but it’s smooth and efficient once it’s resolved.
This samurai pruning saw weighs 14.8 Ibs and is one of the lightest and compact saws we’ve tested. The non-slip grip fits securely into your hand, which toughest cutting work simply. The company provides inexpensive replacement knives for everyday use in case the saw gets dull quickly.
The Kiwami, along with the reliability and honesty of a larger saw, is a perfect choice for all those who want a side-folding and usability saw.
- Durable and Versatile
- Excellent in cutting performance
- Safety feature
- Ergonomically handle designed
- Part of the blade is still exposed when closed
Samurai Kiwami is a versatile and durable pruning saw. With its lightweight features and non-slip handle, this saw can be easily used. It is multipurpose, as it can be used for ranges of pruning activities.
- Model: MP-240-MH
- Length: 240 MM
- Tooth Pitch: 3 MM
- Made In Japan
5. Corona Rs 7510D Razortooth Heavy Duty Pruning
Corona RS 7510D is budget-friendly and flexible to buy. This RazorTOOTH is easy to use the tool as it suitable for all kinds of tree branch cutting activities.
There is a type of handle that you can choose between them ‘wood or plastic’ as they are made of high quality and durable materials. The wooden handle is not hardwood, but plywood that offers user-friendly usage. The tool blade is very strong and is very flexible.
A strong point of this pruning saw is the quality of the blade. It has 18 inches long RazerTOOTH technology, heat treatment, and premium Japanese steel. It comes with a chrome finish and three polished teeth to tackle several materials.
The D-handle is convenient but not of the highest quality or allows for full control while pruning branches up to 10 inches in diameter. There are better pruning saws than this, but that doesn’t mean this saw doesn’t offer great features.
- Non-Slip ergonomic and D-shaped handle
- Impulse hardened steel blade
- High-quality material made of steel
- Durable with a long cutting diameter
- Chrome-plated features
- Poor handle materials
Corona RS 7510D blade cuts well, and its sharpness is maintaining for an extended period. The handle has an excellent grip. And it is durable for a long time with the right weight that balances everything.
Although, this saw a bit more expensive than other saws with a straight handle.
- REMOVES 2X MORE MATERIAL: RazorTOOTH saw technology; 18” blade is ideal for cutting branches up to 9-10” in diameter
- MAXIMUM SHARPNESS: Each tooth is triple-ground, providing multi-faceted angles to maximize efficiency of cuts and removal of...
- UNBEATABLE STRENGTH: High carbon Japanese SK5 steel blade provides exceptional hardness
- EXTREME DURABILITY: Impulse-hardened teeth and a heat-treated blade make it last season after season
6. Tabor Tools Folding Saw With 8 Inch Curved Blade
There are two versions of this model, one with a curved blade and the other with a straight blade. Both blades are 8 inches long in length. The sharp edge of the blade and the hardened steel housing make cutting branches of up to 4 inches in diameter quickly. The blade withstands rust and corrosion, even under imperfect weather.
Part of the handle is bright red and can be easily seen under low light. It also comes with a non-slip rubber grip, making it safe for an extended period. Keep on tight even under humid conditions.
This saw is easy to close and has a secure locking mechanism so that it won’t tip over. There is a safety feature that lets you store and take it with you in a tool pocket or strap.
- The lightweight design is durable.
- Curved blade with 3 angled teeth
- Stabilizing and Safe Locking mechanism
- Safe and comfortable handle
- Much pressure is requiring for easy cutting
- Not deeply close
- Made of plastic materials
Although this saw is small, it suitable for taking down a big laurel hedge and tree branches of 4 inches without any issue; it is also great to keep and transport in a pocket due to its foldable blade.
- OUTDOOR & SURVIVAL: Throw this lightweight saw in your backpack or toolbox. This tool will be a great help in the bush for...
- CURVED POWER BLADE FOR PRUNING: You can easily cut branches up to 4-inches in diameter with this rust-resistant powerful...
- NON-SLIP GRIP: The rugged handle feels grippy and is made of non-slip materials. The size will work with any hand size from...
- LOCKING SYSTEM: The saw is easy to open & close with a lock. The handle functions as a scabbard and sheath and the lock on...
7. Heavy Duty Pruning Saw
This Japanese style Heavy Duty Pruning Saw is suitable for various pruning activities. Due to pressure and the method of extracting the saw teeth, this saw blade can never stick to the wood or getting stuck. Considering its size, this Heavy Duty pruning is a well balanced and extremely comfortable tool.
The pistol grip makes it extremely easy to hold, and this will allow you to use the tool within a tight space. This procedure also helps to be as smooth as possible when pruning the branches you wish.
The 14-inch blade is suitable for cutting larger and thicker branches, which are impossible for other pruning saws. The blade is thick enough to be able to traverse most materials without worrying about buckling. If you have a thick tree, shrubs that need a lot of work, then Heavy Duty Pruning Saw is an excellent resource.
- Comfortable with Ergonomically Handle
- Durable and Versatile tool
- Made of high-quality materials
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Not portable.
- No extension features
- Scabbard lock is cheesy and frustrating to use
This saw is suitable for its price with fantastic features. With this, you can engage with full-day pruning activities. This saw is durable for cutting branches and tree limbs of 5 inches thick quickly. We would definitely suggest buying this best pruning saw.
- RAZOR TOOTH 7TPI CURVED BLADE - Curve Styling Makes Cutting & Trimming Effortless!
- CUTS BRANCHES UP TO 8 INCHES THICK - Incredibly Strong & Versatile, Can easily cut through branches/limbs up to 8 Inches...
- ERGONOMICAL CUSHIONED HANDLE - Pistol Style Grip Gives You a Comfortable Sturdy Feel While Cutting/Sawing. Convenient Hanging...
- PERFECT FOR PRUNING LANDSCAPE - Including Trees, Shrubs, Plants, Branches/Limbs, and So Much More!
There is a great number of features to consider when buying the pruning saw for your pruning activities. So, in this section, key features that are necessary to consider will be adequately examined.
The Pruner pole is not an ordinary pole, and there are specific poles made for a pruning saw for rapid cutting. It is attached to the stake, making it easier to reach out to inaccessible upper branches. Also, their jaws are shaped differently to compensate for the reduced cutting force.
It’s essential to consider weight when choosing a stick cutter. A simple roller is a better option since binding to a pole will be easier.
A lot of wire cutters sell telescopic rods so you can get bigger and bigger. With lightweight in size, you can easily control the saw, even when the tool exceeds 6 feet.
Handled Pruning Saw
The hand saw for pruning is the most common of all saws and is used for indoor and outdoor pruning activities. This type of pruning saw is suitable for branches that are small and thick. It is portable after that, which makes it easier to carry and store when not in use.
Length of blade
The first element to remember is the length of the blade. When the blade is long, you’ll find a broader range easier to enjoy. You’ll also benefit from increased cutting capacity, and during operation, it won’t loosen. For a long blade, longer strokes are guaranteed, which makes a smoother cut.
You usually pay less if you go for a product with a short blade and handle them more easily. It won’t take a lot of space, which makes storage more convenient. The type of work in your hand will determine whether you need a long or a short blade to go with.
It is essential to know the size and quality of the holder because it affects the tool performance. If the grip isn’t comfortable, then making good cuts will be difficult for you. Many of the materials used for handles include wood, rubber, and plastic.
For better performance, you need to ensure the handle fits in your pocket. During operations, it must not slip, which can absorb shocks associated with branches of the saw. Your comfort is essential and allows for an ergonomic handle.
You can’t ignore the teeth that you’ve seen, because they make a real cut. You must test the size of the dent and the TPI (tooth per inch). TPI determines the size of the tooth, so both are closely related.
Divide the teeth size into four groups: small, medium, large, and extreme. Good teeth have a maximum of 11 TPI and are perfect for hardwood cutting. The middle teeth have a maximum of 8.5 TPI, with a unique softwood capability.
Large teeth have a TPI of up to 6, and they can be used for a general scale. Extremely large teeth have a 5.5 TPI and typically can be found with a slightly curved blade. It’ll cut deeper and more forcefully than most teeth.
Weight & Size
This is the most important thing to keep in mind. The size of the saw and its weight determine its strength. This would make a big difference compared with the woodworking tool. However, there are many pruning, saw models of different sizes and weights.
When it comes to the length and thickness of the branches that you want to prune, take size and weight seriously. This will help you choose the type of saw to be pruned.
Most pruning saws are generally (or in writing) designed for processing medium thicknesses of up to 5 inches. If you are not doing hard work, you need a product that is simple and of quality. But if you want to participate in intensive gardening, you need to order models that can easily manage these tasks.
Using a blunt blade will, of course, mean much more energy will be used to complete your task. However, there’s no way to guarantee this when shopping. It is a test for the efficacy of a sustainable approach with other people who have purchased similar items.
Check out the comments before you buy them, and see what others say about blade sharpness.
This is another essential factor to consider because after a while you don’t want to buy a product that won’t work. The materials used to make the product you wish to buy must be considered. Some products are made from carbon steel, while others are made of steel that is hardened.
Also, don’t forget to check the backup period. Wood, plastic, and rubber are some of the materials used to make the handles. You have to make sure the material used for the handle is of high quality.
Straight Blade Pruning Saw
The most significant of these types of pruning saws is that they have straight blades. However, this isn’t the same as archers most of the time. The handle is mostly curved while the blades are straight.
It serves a good reason since a smoother grip would mean more reliable control. For light work, it is recommended to have a saw with a straight blade.
Curve Blade Pruning Saw
This type of blade is recommended for intensive gardening. The blade curvature makes the saw stronger and simplifies cutting a lot. Curved saws are also ideal for small to large branches.
Generally, there are a lot of tools for both woodworkers and other professions. Different and many manufacturers make the tools, and this fact also applicable to a pruning saw. And this has led to difficulties in starting or choosing a particular saw as the best pruning saw. There numbers of the trick when choosing a pruning saw that is true.
But the most important thing is for you to choose the one that suits your every aspect and need. It depends on what you want to do, such as cutting thick bass or branches in the air. It would help if you chose a pruning saw that would make your job quick, convenient to use at the right price.
- Best Table Saw Under 1000
- Best Saw For Cutting Laminate Flooring
- Best Cabinet Saw
- Best Metal Cutting Saw
- Best Backpacking Saw
- Best Wet Tile Saw Under $300
- Best Japanese Saw
- Best Radial Arm Saw
- Best Saw For Cutting Tree Branches
- Best Camping Saw
- Best Dovetail Saw
- Best Metal Chop Saw
- Best Bow Saw
- Best Scroll Saw Blades
- Best Wet Tile Saw
- Best Worm Drive Saw
- Best Folding Saw
- Best Jig Saw
- Best Coping Saw
- Best Circular Saw Blade
- Best Hand Saw
- Best Compact Circular Saw
- Best Miter Saw Blade
- Best Cordless Pole Saw
- Best Miter Saw